- Write about the worst experience you had in your childhood. Did you think it was bad at the time. Any hindsight?
- What spring flower are you looking forward to the most? Draw a picture, take a picture or cut one out for your journal.
- What does your Easter Basket contain? What would be in the ideal adult Easter basket?
- What baby animal are you looking forward to seeing the most come spring?
- What are your summer plans?
- Write a page on your favorite tv show currently on.
- Write a page on one of your hobbies. Include a history if you can. Paste in photos of completed projects.
- What film character would you most like to be? Why??
- What is your favorite film series? Which is your favorite film in the series and why?
- What is one thing from your bucket list you have done?
Here are some journal prompts for the month of December. Enjoy!
1. Do a drawing or cut and paste photos of the signs of the Zodiac. Does you sign suit you? What is your horoscope. What are the characteristics of each sign.
2. What are five items you lust after.
3. What does the word honor mean to you?
4. What are your favorite aspects of Winter?
5. Describe the winter scene outside your window.
6.Write out what your holiday menu will be. Can you add illustrations? Compare to holidays during other time periods. What foods would you like to add instead?
7. Describe your favorite cake.
8. What are your favorite Christmas stories and why?
9. Do you like your name? Why?
10. What would you choose as your last meal? Your favorite meal?
I love to journal. I always have. I have kept a journal since I was 12 years old. Sometimes I look back and laugh at what I have written. It’s a long meandering story that never has details. I have found that keeping a diary helps to keep me sane. It is a place where you can vent your frustration, organize your thoughts, and plan your future.
While the standard journal is something that everyone knows there are various types of journals. Here are a few types of journals:
- Specific Occasion: This is a journal that you only keep for a short period of time. An example would be like studying abroad, or adoption.
- Smash: A book where you tape or glue anything from photos or news articles that you wish to keep.
- Dream Journal: A place to write down what you dream about at night and try to interpret them.
- Specific Topic: A journal that is used for a specific topic such as work or weight loss.
- Nature: A journal where you keep track of observations of the outdoors or your garden.
- Gratitude: A journal listing what you are grateful for in life.
- Travel: A journal kept of your travels including writing and photos.
In my personal journal I like to combine all types of journals together. It’s easier for me to keep everything all in one place. I’ve tried to keep things separate but I find it doesn’t work. I personally need everything in one spot. Do you keep different types of journals?
- What do you love about Fall?
- What is happiness for you?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- What is your favorite restaurant and favorite meal there.
- What was the last concert you attended? Who would you like to see know.
- What is one talent you wish you had?
- What is one superpower you wish you had?
- What ink color do you prefer doing.
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Write you favorite recipe here.
Which questions did you love answering in your journal?
I love to journal! My journals are a combination of a traditional diary, a planner, bullet journal, smash book and to do list. I sketch, I stick and I doodle. I have kept some sort of journal since the seventh grade. So as you might have guessed, it’s one of my favorite hobbies. Have you ever tried journaling? For how long?
What I love about journaling is you can do it however you want. You can make it as complex, or as simple as you want. Would you like to start? Grab a notebook and here are some topics to get you started:
- List the places you have visited.
- What are your favorite books.
- What are your goals?
- Write out a week of news headlines.
- What are your pet peeves? Make a list
- What is your earliest memory?
- What have you collected over the years? Since childhood? Today?
- What are your favorite webpages and why?
- Tell about your room as a kid.
- Who do you admire?
- What are your favorite films? List them.
- What is in your handbag?
- Write out the moon phases, sunrise, sunset, and temperature for a week.
- List your favorite song.
- Describe your first kiss.
- What is your favorite way to spend a morning?
- Who are your friends? Describe them.
- How do you spend a Sunday afternoon.
- What did you buy this week?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- How do you spend your Sundays?
- What fictional place do you wish was real?
Greetings readers! Hello, and welcome to my blog The Northern Star, a lifestyle blog. You can also find me on Pinterest under: The Northern Star by Christine and Instagram under: thenorthernstar_ck.
I’m offering quick information to help improve your life, along with more meaty articles to think about. I will try a Pinterest recipe and let you know how it went. I will let me what to include in an emergency kit and more.
I’m not perfect, and my blog is not either. Neither am I. I will let you see my failures as well as my successes and everything in between.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Welcome and enjoy.