Love this photo from the Unsplash website. So beautiful. A few days ago, I had posted 5 things to declutter. It’s time for it’s sister list: 5 things you need to clean. Here are 5 things that need a quick clean. Happy cleaning!
1. Window Coverings. When was the last time you laundered or dry cleaned your drapes? Have you wiped down your blinds? Get going!
2. Clean under large furniture items like sofas etc.
3. Vacuum your air vents. Get that dust out of the grates!
4. Wipe off you light switches.
5. Clean your coffee maker and toaster. We use them everyday, but how often do we clean them?
There you go, your 5 for July!
Every month I post a short list of five things to clean. I’m not writing about washing your floor or making your bed. I’m talking about those little things, that you almost never clean. Things like your remote control, you phone and so on. I hope my list will make you say “Oh, that’s gross. I need to clean that!” Yeah, I know. I’m the sole blogger on this planet that wants you to exclaim “gross” over a suggestion from them. What can I say? I’m an odd duck. So here it is, happy cleaning!
1. lamp shades and bases: Rarely cleaned, cobwebs and dust abound. Give it a quick swish. Depending on the material what you use can be different. Choose the best cleaning option for you.
2. Windowsills: All that goop from rain and winter snow has accumulated in the sash. Clean it! I use bleach wipes. Quick and easy!
3. Filters in your air purifier: It’s allergy season. Anyone else suffering? I am. I rely on several air purifiers. When was the last time you cleaned them. Some can be simply wiped out, others need a new filter. Do it now! Give that machine a once over so it can work optimally.
4. Water Bottles: We all have those reusable mugs and bottles. You can run some of them through the dishwasher. You can also use an infant bottle brush to scrub the inside if you prefer to hand wash.
5. Banister and Slats: Ever washed your banister and the slats? You will be surprised at the amount of dirt and grime that comes up. If you have real wood don’t forget to treat it with special cleaning products.
How is this list? Do you have something you would like me to include in the next month’s post? Let me know in the comments below.
Since the 5 things to clean article is about spring cleaning, I am coordinating the clutter cleaning list too. So we will start in the kitchen. Here is this months list:
1. Unused Tea/Coffee/Sweeteners- excess water enhancers, that tea you only had one packet of two years ago. Get it gone!
2. Excess Spices. Treat them just like the tea above.
3. Mugs and Glasses. Do you really use your collection of world’s greatest mom mugs?
4. Unused Kitchen Gadgets. Never used the bread maker from you wedding gifts you got more then 10 years ago? Send it to the island of under-used kitchen products!
5. Anything chipped or cracked.
Okay, at this point I have reached my 5. However, I still have a few decluttering points.
6. Get rid of excess serving pieces.
7. Tupperware or plastic storage items.