The season is starting to turn to Fall. School is starting for many. Now is the time to present ten journaling prompts for the month of September.
- Write about something you had to overcome.
- What positive changes have you made in your life?
- Name three things you would do if you weren’t afraid.
- What is the worst advice you have ever been given.
- What is your favorite meal?
- Describe your favorite restaurant.
- Describe your best friend at some point in your life.
- What five things would you grab (besides family and pets) to rescue if your house was on fire?
- Write a recap of this past summer.
- Put your best pasta recipe in our journal.
Come back in October for another installment of monthly journaling prompts!
1. Can you remember which colors you liked best as a child?
2. When you think of your favorite holiday, what colors do you see?
3. What color do you wish trees would turn in Fall?
4. What holiday is your biggest feast? What is a traditional meal you eat? What would you like to eat instead?
5. What are your five favorite things? If you bring them together what color pallet do you have?
6. What is your favorite clothing style? From what era is it from? Who are your clothing icons?
7. Write about your dream wardrobe. Write about the one you have for your current life. Then write about the wardrobe you would have for your dream life. How do they differ? How are they the same?
8. What color was your bedroom growing up? How did it change as you aged?
9. What does you current home look like aesthetically? How about past homes? What is one feature you wish your current home has?
10. List the major holidays you recognize. Do you decorate for them? What are the decorations?
Still writing in your journal? What do you write? Do you draw in them? Add stickers or photos? Let me know in comments.
- What are your favorite flowers?
- Plan your dream trip.
- What is your favorite outfit?
- What do you regret?
- What is your favorite fall quote?
- Define love.
- What would you like to see in a magazine? (If you created one)
- Do you vote? Why?
- What are your favorite board games?
- What is your am routine?
Here is a set of October journal prompts for you to try.
- Draw a picture of a local landmark.
- What are you afraid of?
- What do you want for the next five years? (goals)
- Places you have visited and liked. Why?
- What are your favorite books?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Name three of your celebrity crushes. Why are they your crushes?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume?
- What Halloween costume would you like to wear now?
- What was your favorite candy to get as a kid during Halloween?
I love to journal! My journals are a combination of a traditional diary, a planner, bullet journal, smash book and to do list. I sketch, I stick and I doodle. I have kept some sort of journal since the seventh grade. So as you might have guessed, it’s one of my favorite hobbies. Have you ever tried journaling? For how long?
What I love about journaling is you can do it however you want. You can make it as complex, or as simple as you want. Would you like to start? Grab a notebook and here are some topics to get you started:
- List the places you have visited.
- What are your favorite books.
- What are your goals?
- Write out a week of news headlines.
- What are your pet peeves? Make a list
- What is your earliest memory?
- What have you collected over the years? Since childhood? Today?
- What are your favorite webpages and why?
- Tell about your room as a kid.
- Who do you admire?
- What are your favorite films? List them.
- What is in your handbag?
- Write out the moon phases, sunrise, sunset, and temperature for a week.
- List your favorite song.
- Describe your first kiss.
- What is your favorite way to spend a morning?
- Who are your friends? Describe them.
- How do you spend a Sunday afternoon.
- What did you buy this week?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- How do you spend your Sundays?
- What fictional place do you wish was real?