Is it August already? Time is going by too fast in some instances and not fast enough in others. As you summer winds to an end, what are you looking forward to this fall? Let me know in the comments below. Until then, here are some journal prompts for the month of August.
1. What is the one Fall based activity or item that you are looking forward to.
2. What new hobby would you like to try? Why?
3. Look at your goals for this year. Write where you are and what you still need to do.
4. What music are you into right now.
5. List your two favorite blogs. Talk about why you like them.
6. Are you a planner or a spur of the moment person? Give an example.
7. What subjects are your favorite subjects in school? Why?
8. Write your full name. What does each name mean? Is there a story behind your name?
9. Write down the different generations and their occupations. What do you think? Any family businesses?
10. Describe one friend or loved one. How would you describe them to someone who ahs never met them.
I hope you enjoy these prompts. Let me know your favorites below.
1. Can you remember which colors you liked best as a child?
2. When you think of your favorite holiday, what colors do you see?
3. What color do you wish trees would turn in Fall?
4. What holiday is your biggest feast? What is a traditional meal you eat? What would you like to eat instead?
5. What are your five favorite things? If you bring them together what color pallet do you have?
6. What is your favorite clothing style? From what era is it from? Who are your clothing icons?
7. Write about your dream wardrobe. Write about the one you have for your current life. Then write about the wardrobe you would have for your dream life. How do they differ? How are they the same?
8. What color was your bedroom growing up? How did it change as you aged?
9. What does you current home look like aesthetically? How about past homes? What is one feature you wish your current home has?
10. List the major holidays you recognize. Do you decorate for them? What are the decorations?
1. Back to school ads are in session. What do you think when you see them?
2. As a journaler what school supplies do you buy when August hits?
3. Did you enjoy going back to school when you were in mandatory schooling?
4. What would you like to change about your mandatory education (K-12)?
5. What skills should schools teach that you don’t think they teach now? What classes should be taught or be discontinued?
6. The last days of summer are here. What would you like to get done before fall?
7. What are you looking forward to in the last half of the year?
8. How did this summer vary, if any, from previous summers?
9. What is your first hint your fall is starting? Is it visual, planned or a surprise?
10. Write you wake up routine? What is your bed time routine?
Journaling prompts for September:
- Write your morning ritual out.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- What is your favorite color? Has it changed over the years? Why?
- Draw out a map of your house.
- Write your favorite song lyric.
- Put your favorite summer recipe in your journal.
- Write down your daily schedule for Monday-Friday.
- Write down a typical weekend.
- If you could have any job, what would be your dream job and why?
- What talent do you with you had and why?
I love to journal! My journals are a combination of a traditional diary, a planner, bullet journal, smash book and to do list. I sketch, I stick and I doodle. I have kept some sort of journal since the seventh grade. So as you might have guessed, it’s one of my favorite hobbies. Have you ever tried journaling? For how long?
What I love about journaling is you can do it however you want. You can make it as complex, or as simple as you want. Would you like to start? Grab a notebook and here are some topics to get you started:
- List the places you have visited.
- What are your favorite books.
- What are your goals?
- Write out a week of news headlines.
- What are your pet peeves? Make a list
- What is your earliest memory?
- What have you collected over the years? Since childhood? Today?
- What are your favorite webpages and why?
- Tell about your room as a kid.
- Who do you admire?
- What are your favorite films? List them.
- What is in your handbag?
- Write out the moon phases, sunrise, sunset, and temperature for a week.
- List your favorite song.
- Describe your first kiss.
- What is your favorite way to spend a morning?
- Who are your friends? Describe them.
- How do you spend a Sunday afternoon.
- What did you buy this week?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- How do you spend your Sundays?
- What fictional place do you wish was real?