Tis the season of being busy. I went out this am to get some minor items and ended up leaving the store before purchasing. The line at the checkout was too long! Since Christmas is a time of a lot of running, I am keeping the prompts short and sweet this month. Enjoy!
- What was your favorite Christmas gift you received as a child? Why? If you do not celebrate Christmas, choose another holiday or occasion you celebrate.
- What is your ideal Christmas meal? Is it like the one you actually eat?
- What is your favorite Christmas ornament?
- Do you still send cards for the holidays? Why or why not.
- Are there family members you wish you did not have to associate with on the holidays? Why or why not.
- What is your favorite Christmas candy?
- How do you like your hot chocolate or apple cider?
- If you could just walk out on your life tomorrow, where would you go?
- What is one major thing you want to accomplish next year.
- Who do you follow on the internet that no one knows about. Why do you follow them?
What makes you want to melt? What calms your psyche? Instead of only doing a 10 Journal Prompt post, I thought I’ve give you a list to make instead. What makes you feel peaceful?
For me, there are several things that relax me and make me feel peaceful. They include: a massage, music, candles, a nice bed, England (just all of it), wind and rainstorms, crackling fire, the smell of a bakery, watching fluffy snow fall, hot coco, clean sheets, and a hot bath.
What would you put on your list? Let me know in the comments.
1. Can you remember which colors you liked best as a child?
2. When you think of your favorite holiday, what colors do you see?
3. What color do you wish trees would turn in Fall?
4. What holiday is your biggest feast? What is a traditional meal you eat? What would you like to eat instead?
5. What are your five favorite things? If you bring them together what color pallet do you have?
6. What is your favorite clothing style? From what era is it from? Who are your clothing icons?
7. Write about your dream wardrobe. Write about the one you have for your current life. Then write about the wardrobe you would have for your dream life. How do they differ? How are they the same?
8. What color was your bedroom growing up? How did it change as you aged?
9. What does you current home look like aesthetically? How about past homes? What is one feature you wish your current home has?
10. List the major holidays you recognize. Do you decorate for them? What are the decorations?
I like to mix up my journaling with some art journal entries. I don’t want it all to be writing and bullet points. See the following three blog posts for some inspiration for your books.
1. Halloween is coming up. Draw your favorite Jack-o-Lantern faces.
2. Draw the contents of your handbag or tote.
3.Draw one of your favorite characters from fiction. How you see them, not how they are in films, or book covers.
- What was your favorite Halloween costume that you have worn?
- What do you like best about Halloween? Candy? Decor? Explain.
- What is your favorite comfort food to have when it gets cold outside?
- What colors and shapes do you wish a pumpkin would come in?
- The television season starts again in fall. What show are you looking forward to the most?
- Pick two of your favorite podcasts. Describe them and why you like them.
- Write down everything you did in one day.
- How would technology have changed your life if certain tech had existed 20+ years ago? What future tech should be invented and how will it change your life?
- What ancient wonder of the world do you wish still existed?
- What new way of eating or food do you want to try? Why?
Happy writing! Let me know some of your ideas in the comments.
Summer is almost over. Fall is in the air. Many of us have school or kids in school. This is also a time to start thinking of the various holidays coming up. I don’t know about you, but I often consider September the start of the year, not January. So with that in mind, here are your September Journaling Prompts. Enjoy!
- Are you a goal setter? Do you do resolutions? What are some goals you wanted to accomplish this year? How are you doing on them? Write an entry on the state of your goals.
- What was the best thing you did this summer?
- What was something this summer you couldn’t do but wanted to?
- If you could go back in time, what year of school would you attend?
- What was your favorite class in school. Your least favorite? What was the most valuable class you have taken?
- Write about your journal itself. What do you use to journal and why?
- What season do you wish would last forever?
- Fall is starting. What color of leaf is your favorite? What color do you wish the trees would turn if you could have any color?
- In Danish, the concept of Hygge is considered essential to life. Hygge can loosely be translated into “cosy.” How do you make your life more cosy? What would you like to do?
- What is your favorite outfit to wear for fall? Describe it and why you like it. Include a photo or drawing if you can.
1. Back to school ads are in session. What do you think when you see them?
2. As a journaler what school supplies do you buy when August hits?
3. Did you enjoy going back to school when you were in mandatory schooling?
4. What would you like to change about your mandatory education (K-12)?
5. What skills should schools teach that you don’t think they teach now? What classes should be taught or be discontinued?
6. The last days of summer are here. What would you like to get done before fall?
7. What are you looking forward to in the last half of the year?
8. How did this summer vary, if any, from previous summers?
9. What is your first hint your fall is starting? Is it visual, planned or a surprise?
10. Write you wake up routine? What is your bed time routine?