Is it the sixth month of the year already? Yes, time flies. If you were to ask me it flies a little to quickly. I had a goal of reading 12 books this year. It’s June and I haven’t even finished one. I was a girl who would read four books at once and finish two a week years ago. While my reading habit has fallen by the wayside my journaling habit has not. I spend almost everyday in my journal now. I’m either drawing, writing, making a list, bujoing (Is that a word?), cutting and pasting and more. I’m really going through journals like crazy. So to help you with your journal keeping habit here are 10 journal prompts for the month of June. Enjoy!
1. What do you want to do outside this summer?
2. Do you garden? Why or why not? Describe your garden.
3. What are your favorite summer foods?
4. Describe a dream picnic. What food? Where? What is the weather like? Descriptions of everything!
5. What traits do you look for in a partner?
6. What is your favorite movie? Favorite movie trilogy?
7. Life check. Do you like where you are now? Explain.
8. What is the best compliment you ever received?
9. List 5 songs you are listening to right now.
10. Are you organized? How are you organized? Why are you not organized? Explain.
Find this months journaling prompts below.
1. Has Spring started where you live? If not what season is it.
2.Write what you know in your area that marks the start of Spring. Is it a bird returning? A flower blooming? A festival?
3. What is your favorite room in your home?
4. What is your favorite item of clothing?
5. If time and money are no object, what vacation would you take?
6. What are your pet peeves?
7. Do you have a favorite comfort food?
8. Your favorite city on the planet is?.
9. What were the news headlines for this week?
10. The old saying of “April showers bring May flowers” applies to this time of year. What are your favorite flowers? Why?
What is your favorite chocolate treat?
Do you have a bucket list? What is on it? What’s the one thing you want to do?
What is your favorite classic film?
What means the start of spring for you?
What is your favorite scent? Vanilla? Pine? Water?
What is your favorite fruit? Veggie?
What do I worry about?
What is a typical evening at home?
What 3 things would you take to a deserted island?
Describe your favorite childhood Easter basket.
1. Write about a place you have never visited and why.
2. Are you an introvert or extrovert? Do you ever wish you were the opposite? Why?
3. What is your Myers-Briggs type? What are the main characteristics of the type?
4. How do you show love?
5. What is your favorite quote?
6. Are you organized or messy? Why?
7. What’s the best compliment you ever got?
8. Design a water tracker for your journal. Keep track of your water intake this month.
9. Do an exercise log for a month. What new things should you try?
10. Write a life timeline. What are your most important milestones? Why are they important?
Tis the season of being busy. I went out this am to get some minor items and ended up leaving the store before purchasing. The line at the checkout was too long! Since Christmas is a time of a lot of running, I am keeping the prompts short and sweet this month. Enjoy!
- What was your favorite Christmas gift you received as a child? Why? If you do not celebrate Christmas, choose another holiday or occasion you celebrate.
- What is your ideal Christmas meal? Is it like the one you actually eat?
- What is your favorite Christmas ornament?
- Do you still send cards for the holidays? Why or why not.
- Are there family members you wish you did not have to associate with on the holidays? Why or why not.
- What is your favorite Christmas candy?
- How do you like your hot chocolate or apple cider?
- If you could just walk out on your life tomorrow, where would you go?
- What is one major thing you want to accomplish next year.
- Who do you follow on the internet that no one knows about. Why do you follow them?
1. Can you remember which colors you liked best as a child?
2. When you think of your favorite holiday, what colors do you see?
3. What color do you wish trees would turn in Fall?
4. What holiday is your biggest feast? What is a traditional meal you eat? What would you like to eat instead?
5. What are your five favorite things? If you bring them together what color pallet do you have?
6. What is your favorite clothing style? From what era is it from? Who are your clothing icons?
7. Write about your dream wardrobe. Write about the one you have for your current life. Then write about the wardrobe you would have for your dream life. How do they differ? How are they the same?
8. What color was your bedroom growing up? How did it change as you aged?
9. What does you current home look like aesthetically? How about past homes? What is one feature you wish your current home has?
10. List the major holidays you recognize. Do you decorate for them? What are the decorations?