Is it August already? Time is going by too fast in some instances and not fast enough in others. As you summer winds to an end, what are you looking forward to this fall? Let me know in the comments below. Until then, here are some journal prompts for the month of August.
1. What is the one Fall based activity or item that you are looking forward to.
2. What new hobby would you like to try? Why?
3. Look at your goals for this year. Write where you are and what you still need to do.
4. What music are you into right now.
5. List your two favorite blogs. Talk about why you like them.
6. Are you a planner or a spur of the moment person? Give an example.
7. What subjects are your favorite subjects in school? Why?
8. Write your full name. What does each name mean? Is there a story behind your name?
9. Write down the different generations and their occupations. What do you think? Any family businesses?
10. Describe one friend or loved one. How would you describe them to someone who ahs never met them.
I hope you enjoy these prompts. Let me know your favorites below.
Is it the sixth month of the year already? Yes, time flies. If you were to ask me it flies a little to quickly. I had a goal of reading 12 books this year. It’s June and I haven’t even finished one. I was a girl who would read four books at once and finish two a week years ago. While my reading habit has fallen by the wayside my journaling habit has not. I spend almost everyday in my journal now. I’m either drawing, writing, making a list, bujoing (Is that a word?), cutting and pasting and more. I’m really going through journals like crazy. So to help you with your journal keeping habit here are 10 journal prompts for the month of June. Enjoy!
1. What do you want to do outside this summer?
2. Do you garden? Why or why not? Describe your garden.
3. What are your favorite summer foods?
4. Describe a dream picnic. What food? Where? What is the weather like? Descriptions of everything!
5. What traits do you look for in a partner?
6. What is your favorite movie? Favorite movie trilogy?
7. Life check. Do you like where you are now? Explain.
8. What is the best compliment you ever received?
9. List 5 songs you are listening to right now.
10. Are you organized? How are you organized? Why are you not organized? Explain.
Find this months journaling prompts below.
1. Has Spring started where you live? If not what season is it.
2.Write what you know in your area that marks the start of Spring. Is it a bird returning? A flower blooming? A festival?
3. What is your favorite room in your home?
4. What is your favorite item of clothing?
5. If time and money are no object, what vacation would you take?
6. What are your pet peeves?
7. Do you have a favorite comfort food?
8. Your favorite city on the planet is?.
9. What were the news headlines for this week?
10. The old saying of “April showers bring May flowers” applies to this time of year. What are your favorite flowers? Why?
Tis the season of being busy. I went out this am to get some minor items and ended up leaving the store before purchasing. The line at the checkout was too long! Since Christmas is a time of a lot of running, I am keeping the prompts short and sweet this month. Enjoy!
- What was your favorite Christmas gift you received as a child? Why? If you do not celebrate Christmas, choose another holiday or occasion you celebrate.
- What is your ideal Christmas meal? Is it like the one you actually eat?
- What is your favorite Christmas ornament?
- Do you still send cards for the holidays? Why or why not.
- Are there family members you wish you did not have to associate with on the holidays? Why or why not.
- What is your favorite Christmas candy?
- How do you like your hot chocolate or apple cider?
- If you could just walk out on your life tomorrow, where would you go?
- What is one major thing you want to accomplish next year.
- Who do you follow on the internet that no one knows about. Why do you follow them?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume that you have worn?
- What do you like best about Halloween? Candy? Decor? Explain.
- What is your favorite comfort food to have when it gets cold outside?
- What colors and shapes do you wish a pumpkin would come in?
- The television season starts again in fall. What show are you looking forward to the most?
- Pick two of your favorite podcasts. Describe them and why you like them.
- Write down everything you did in one day.
- How would technology have changed your life if certain tech had existed 20+ years ago? What future tech should be invented and how will it change your life?
- What ancient wonder of the world do you wish still existed?
- What new way of eating or food do you want to try? Why?
Happy writing! Let me know some of your ideas in the comments.
Summer is almost over. Fall is in the air. Many of us have school or kids in school. This is also a time to start thinking of the various holidays coming up. I don’t know about you, but I often consider September the start of the year, not January. So with that in mind, here are your September Journaling Prompts. Enjoy!
- Are you a goal setter? Do you do resolutions? What are some goals you wanted to accomplish this year? How are you doing on them? Write an entry on the state of your goals.
- What was the best thing you did this summer?
- What was something this summer you couldn’t do but wanted to?
- If you could go back in time, what year of school would you attend?
- What was your favorite class in school. Your least favorite? What was the most valuable class you have taken?
- Write about your journal itself. What do you use to journal and why?
- What season do you wish would last forever?
- Fall is starting. What color of leaf is your favorite? What color do you wish the trees would turn if you could have any color?
- In Danish, the concept of Hygge is considered essential to life. Hygge can loosely be translated into “cosy.” How do you make your life more cosy? What would you like to do?
- What is your favorite outfit to wear for fall? Describe it and why you like it. Include a photo or drawing if you can.
1. Back to school ads are in session. What do you think when you see them?
2. As a journaler what school supplies do you buy when August hits?
3. Did you enjoy going back to school when you were in mandatory schooling?
4. What would you like to change about your mandatory education (K-12)?
5. What skills should schools teach that you don’t think they teach now? What classes should be taught or be discontinued?
6. The last days of summer are here. What would you like to get done before fall?
7. What are you looking forward to in the last half of the year?
8. How did this summer vary, if any, from previous summers?
9. What is your first hint your fall is starting? Is it visual, planned or a surprise?
10. Write you wake up routine? What is your bed time routine?