Most bloggers have favorite blogs. Why would we write our own if we didn’t love them? There are so many blogs out there. How do you find them all? There isn’t one central clearing house of blogs, there are several. I’m always finding new blogs. So I thought I’d share 5 of the ones I read with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- The Londoner. The Londoner is a award winning British lifestyle blog. I have been following Rosie for several years. She has beautiful photos, a fun upbeat style that is not too sugary, and some great articles. She has also had some amazing collaborations too. If you are looking for a fun new lifestyle blog check her out! https://www.thelondoner.me/
- The Inspired Room. Another award winning blog, that has been featured in Better Homes and Gardens magazines. I love looking at their decorating ideas, and suggestions for organization. Quality photos and a friendly tone make this a great blog to read at the end of a long day. https://theinspiredroom.net/
- My Scandinavian Home. I love Scandinavian Design. This blog written by a Londoner who now lives in Sweden. See some great style on https://www.myscandinavianhome.com/
- The Monochrome Minimalist. A lifestyle blog with a concentration in fashion. I love seeing what new wardrobe ideas are given. https://monochromeminimalistmm.com/
- Another great lifestyle blog by a Brit. This time it’s https://lydiaelisemillen.com/ . Lydia has great style and amazing photos. She also adds some of her personality to each post. From Style to living to travel and beauty, Lydia does a wonderful job and I am so glad to have watched her build her blog.
I hope this gives you a few blogs to look at this week. Let me know if you like them. What are your favorite blogs?
Do you have a Pinterest account? I do! Check out: https://www.pinterest.com/TNSCK/
It has recipes, wardrobe information and other things I like. Check it out!
One thing I like to do on my blog, make lists. I like my lists short and sweet. Not a lot of words to describe a single action. Just tell me what needs to be done and list it. So here it is. My short list of things to declutter.
1. Outdoor Winter Clothing. Get rid of what didn’t work. Repair and clean anything that needs it for the next winter. Make a list of what you need to replace.
2. Reusable bags. It could be plastic, paper or cloth.
3. Carry-on and Totes.
4. Suitcases and duffle bags. Sometimes you just need a new one.
5. Keys. You have 10 keys on your key ring. Do you know what they go to?
6. Shoes. What do your flip flops and slippers look like?
7. Beach items and Swim stuff. Do the water guns work? Are the beach towels clean? Can you find your 12 year old’s goggles?
8. Holiday Paper and tape. Is it time to recycle the candy cane paper you’ve used for the last 5 Christmases?
9. Address Book. Clean out your contacts. It can be on paper or online.
10. Pantry. Really? Those date bar cookies have been in there long enough.
As a blogger I love to read blogs! Who doesn’t right? There was a time when bloggers could list all their favorite blogs on the side of their own blog on a blogroll. Unfortunately, blogging has become a highly competitive industry. Bloggers are guarding their numbers and not wanting people to click on the competition.
Frankly, it’s disappointing. I don’t only read one magazine, or listen to one podcast. I’m not only going to read one blog either. So with that in mind, here are five of my favorite blogs.
- http://www.desiretoinspire.net -A great blog for interior design fans. The bloggers post often and have high quality photos. Be sure to check out their weekly “Pets on Furniture” feature.
- http://www.josenaranja.blogspot.co.uk -Jose keeps and manufactures copies of his impressive journal. They are a feast for the eyes. I wish I could draw as good as he does. I love the juxtaposition of all the information on the pages.
- http://www.thelondoner.me – This blog is one of the most popular British Lifestyle Blogs out there. Rosie goes to glamorous places and wears beautiful clothing. I’m envious! Her photos are also fantastic.
- www.myscandinavianhome.com – I must admit I’m a huge fan of Scandinavian Design. I love the basic and minimal design with cool accents. This blog has beautiful apartments and homes that it features.
- http://www.lydiaelisemillen.com – Another popular British Fashion/Lifestyle Blog. Lydia wears beautiful clothing all over London.
Have fun checking these bloggers out! What blogs do you like?
Greetings readers! Hello, and welcome to my blog The Northern Star, a lifestyle blog. You can also find me on Pinterest under: The Northern Star by Christine and Instagram under: thenorthernstar_ck.
I’m offering quick information to help improve your life, along with more meaty articles to think about. I will try a Pinterest recipe and let you know how it went. I will let me what to include in an emergency kit and more.
I’m not perfect, and my blog is not either. Neither am I. I will let you see my failures as well as my successes and everything in between.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Welcome and enjoy.