Here’s a list of journal prompts for the month of May.
1. Write about your garden or plants inside and out.
2.How would you like your life to look in five years.
3. List the last five songs you listened to.
4. Who would you like to meet?
5. What do you have a phobia about?
6. Describe a room in your house.
7. What three books would you like to live in and why?
8. What is your favorite tv show or film this year so far?
9. What girl group would you be in if you could be apart of any girl group in music history?
10. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Still writing in your journal? What do you write? Do you draw in them? Add stickers or photos? Let me know in comments.
- What are your favorite flowers?
- Plan your dream trip.
- What is your favorite outfit?
- What do you regret?
- What is your favorite fall quote?
- Define love.
- What would you like to see in a magazine? (If you created one)
- Do you vote? Why?
- What are your favorite board games?
- What is your am routine?
I love to journal. I always have. I have kept a journal since I was 12 years old. Sometimes I look back and laugh at what I have written. It’s a long meandering story that never has details. I have found that keeping a diary helps to keep me sane. It is a place where you can vent your frustration, organize your thoughts, and plan your future.
While the standard journal is something that everyone knows there are various types of journals. Here are a few types of journals:
- Specific Occasion: This is a journal that you only keep for a short period of time. An example would be like studying abroad, or adoption.
- Smash: A book where you tape or glue anything from photos or news articles that you wish to keep.
- Dream Journal: A place to write down what you dream about at night and try to interpret them.
- Specific Topic: A journal that is used for a specific topic such as work or weight loss.
- Nature: A journal where you keep track of observations of the outdoors or your garden.
- Gratitude: A journal listing what you are grateful for in life.
- Travel: A journal kept of your travels including writing and photos.
In my personal journal I like to combine all types of journals together. It’s easier for me to keep everything all in one place. I’ve tried to keep things separate but I find it doesn’t work. I personally need everything in one spot. Do you keep different types of journals?
Here is a set of October journal prompts for you to try.
- Draw a picture of a local landmark.
- What are you afraid of?
- What do you want for the next five years? (goals)
- Places you have visited and liked. Why?
- What are your favorite books?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Name three of your celebrity crushes. Why are they your crushes?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume?
- What Halloween costume would you like to wear now?
- What was your favorite candy to get as a kid during Halloween?
Journaling prompts for September:
- Write your morning ritual out.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- What is your favorite color? Has it changed over the years? Why?
- Draw out a map of your house.
- Write your favorite song lyric.
- Put your favorite summer recipe in your journal.
- Write down your daily schedule for Monday-Friday.
- Write down a typical weekend.
- If you could have any job, what would be your dream job and why?
- What talent do you with you had and why?