- Write about the worst experience you had in your childhood. Did you think it was bad at the time. Any hindsight?
- What spring flower are you looking forward to the most? Draw a picture, take a picture or cut one out for your journal.
- What does your Easter Basket contain? What would be in the ideal adult Easter basket?
- What baby animal are you looking forward to seeing the most come spring?
- What are your summer plans?
- Write a page on your favorite tv show currently on.
- Write a page on one of your hobbies. Include a history if you can. Paste in photos of completed projects.
- What film character would you most like to be? Why??
- What is your favorite film series? Which is your favorite film in the series and why?
- What is one thing from your bucket list you have done?
Still writing in your journal? What do you write? Do you draw in them? Add stickers or photos? Let me know in comments.
- What are your favorite flowers?
- Plan your dream trip.
- What is your favorite outfit?
- What do you regret?
- What is your favorite fall quote?
- Define love.
- What would you like to see in a magazine? (If you created one)
- Do you vote? Why?
- What are your favorite board games?
- What is your am routine?
I love to journal. I always have. I have kept a journal since I was 12 years old. Sometimes I look back and laugh at what I have written. It’s a long meandering story that never has details. I have found that keeping a diary helps to keep me sane. It is a place where you can vent your frustration, organize your thoughts, and plan your future.
While the standard journal is something that everyone knows there are various types of journals. Here are a few types of journals:
- Specific Occasion: This is a journal that you only keep for a short period of time. An example would be like studying abroad, or adoption.
- Smash: A book where you tape or glue anything from photos or news articles that you wish to keep.
- Dream Journal: A place to write down what you dream about at night and try to interpret them.
- Specific Topic: A journal that is used for a specific topic such as work or weight loss.
- Nature: A journal where you keep track of observations of the outdoors or your garden.
- Gratitude: A journal listing what you are grateful for in life.
- Travel: A journal kept of your travels including writing and photos.
In my personal journal I like to combine all types of journals together. It’s easier for me to keep everything all in one place. I’ve tried to keep things separate but I find it doesn’t work. I personally need everything in one spot. Do you keep different types of journals?
Here is a set of October journal prompts for you to try.
- Draw a picture of a local landmark.
- What are you afraid of?
- What do you want for the next five years? (goals)
- Places you have visited and liked. Why?
- What are your favorite books?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Name three of your celebrity crushes. Why are they your crushes?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume?
- What Halloween costume would you like to wear now?
- What was your favorite candy to get as a kid during Halloween?
Journaling prompts for September:
- Write your morning ritual out.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- What is your favorite color? Has it changed over the years? Why?
- Draw out a map of your house.
- Write your favorite song lyric.
- Put your favorite summer recipe in your journal.
- Write down your daily schedule for Monday-Friday.
- Write down a typical weekend.
- If you could have any job, what would be your dream job and why?
- What talent do you with you had and why?
- What do you love about Fall?
- What is happiness for you?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- What is your favorite restaurant and favorite meal there.
- What was the last concert you attended? Who would you like to see know.
- What is one talent you wish you had?
- What is one superpower you wish you had?
- What ink color do you prefer doing.
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Write you favorite recipe here.
Which questions did you love answering in your journal?
I love to journal! My journals are a combination of a traditional diary, a planner, bullet journal, smash book and to do list. I sketch, I stick and I doodle. I have kept some sort of journal since the seventh grade. So as you might have guessed, it’s one of my favorite hobbies. Have you ever tried journaling? For how long?
What I love about journaling is you can do it however you want. You can make it as complex, or as simple as you want. Would you like to start? Grab a notebook and here are some topics to get you started:
- List the places you have visited.
- What are your favorite books.
- What are your goals?
- Write out a week of news headlines.
- What are your pet peeves? Make a list
- What is your earliest memory?
- What have you collected over the years? Since childhood? Today?
- What are your favorite webpages and why?
- Tell about your room as a kid.
- Who do you admire?
- What are your favorite films? List them.
- What is in your handbag?
- Write out the moon phases, sunrise, sunset, and temperature for a week.
- List your favorite song.
- Describe your first kiss.
- What is your favorite way to spend a morning?
- Who are your friends? Describe them.
- How do you spend a Sunday afternoon.
- What did you buy this week?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- How do you spend your Sundays?
- What fictional place do you wish was real?