I know a lot of people are choosing not to do New Year’s resolutions this year. Covid has taken it’s toll on all of us and society too. I think that thinking about your future and planning for it are the perfect things to do in 2021. Get some momentum going. With that in mind I will be telling you what I have chosen to work on this year.
However, before that I want to give you a brief glance of what last year looked like for my goals. Last year I had 10 goals. Five I didn’t finish. This was actually really good. Some of them were not done due to time, money or because of Covid. These goals included losing weight, take an exercise class, drink 20 oz of water daily, go on daily walks, and read my book pile. I have decided to add those goals to this year.
So this year’s resolutions are:
- Lose weight. I spent last year trying to increase my water intake, my fruit and veggie intake, and eat less junk food. This year, I am going to concentrate on lowering my calorie intake and increase my exercise. I have also signed up with the Noom App. I have found that it is easier to track things on this app than others I’ve tried. The first few weeks I am tracking my calories to see just how much I am eating. Then I will start eating less calories bit by bit.
- Read my book back stock. I’ve got a lot. I think I’ve got around 40 to read. I don’t know if I can read all of them this year. For about the last three years I’ve really had difficulty sitting down to read. I love to read. I used to love to read I should say. Hopefully, I can get back to it. I think I need to schedule time to read. Maybe a half an hour every few days.
- I need to finish cleaning my basement. I went through everything that was just sitting out in the main part. I still need to go through the storage room. So some progress already. The hardest part is just going down there.
- Finish my beading projects. I used to bead a lot. I’ve sort of soured on the hobby so I am trying to finish about 3 projects and use up all my supplies. Then I think that I will just put them (supplies and tools) in the basement.
- Take a writing class. I want to work on some fiction stories and ideas. I’ve never had the time to do it. Maybe I’ll take a masterclass.
- Go on a date night at least once a month. This will be hard because of Covid. So maybe it will be a weekend daytime date. A hike?
- Plan a west coast trip. We had wanted to take a family trip about two years ago. We were thinking of flying to Seattle or Vancouver, rent a car to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. Hopefully in a year or two we can take it. So I want to start planning.
- Get a closet organization system.
- Catch up on all the “media.” I’ve got a lot of saved up tv, podcasts, articles, books etc. I’m thinking “I will get to this later.” Well later has finally arrived. I want to clear everything up and out.
So that is it, nine goals to accomplish by January 2022. I can only hope I am up to the task. What are your goals for this year? Let me know in the comments.