In January, like everyone, I made several New Year’s Resolutions. I thought since we are at a lull in our lives I should give you a check in to update you on my goal progress. Here were my goals at the start of the year.
1.Get weight down to 175. Nope, not even close on this one. I’m glad I still have over six months to finish this.
2. Take an exercise class. I have not taken one yet for obvious reasons. I am looking at some online classes but I am not sure I can spend the money at this time. So I am working on just getting out and walking the dog.
3. 100% healthy breakfast each day. Done! Goal met and stuck to.
4. Eat 80% healthy lunch. Goal met! What I mean by an 80% healthy lunch is 80% of the lunches in a week are healthy. I’ve got to get some fun eating in!
5. Drink 20 oz of water a day. I haven’t reached this goal yet. Some weeks I nail it, others not so much. Of all my goals I am tackling this one is the most inconsistent. I’m not a huge fan of water. I just don’t like it. I don’t like flavored water, fruit in water etc. I’d rather drink anything but water. So this is one, I am still working on.
6. Walk. I’m just starting to do this as more of an exercise. (See #2)
7. 15 minute cleaning daily. Instead of dragging and doing a ton of cleaning at once I am restricting it to 15 minute blocks. I try to do one in the morning and one in the evening. So far I have found this the easiest goal to hit. Often I find the best time to do this is when I cook. I almost always have to leave something bake or boil or cool.
8. Work three hours a week on projects. I have hit this goal each time too. Since I am a stay at home mom my projects are house based. Clean out each closet, fill out this form etc. I also use it for things that I want to do, but can’t get around to doing like reading a certain book. This goal allows the more mundane life or work tasks to get done when my mind is on something or someone else.
9. Read 10 books. I used to be able to smash this goal in a month. Now I am giving myself a year. I finished one book so far and know I need to step up my reading in order to make it. I used to love reading so much. I was a voracious reader finishing up to three books a week. The last three years and all the crises and life adjustments have made it difficult to keep up. I have also lost my love of reading. I’m not sure I’ll ever get it back.
That is where I am right now on my goals or resolutions for the year. How are you coming along with yours?