Here is a great pasta salad recipe I got off Pinterest. The recipe is from the website: bakerbynature.com. The author is Ashley Manila. It is quick and easy to make. Saves well in fridge. You can also add more veggies if you wish. I think broccoli and carrots would make a great addition. Great to take to work for lunch, or as a quick snack. I also used less dressing than the recipe called for. So experiment with that. Enjoy!
Farfalle Pasta (1 box)
2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
2 cups (about 8 leaves) romaine lettuce chopped
3/4 cup fresh parsley (I skipped this ingredient)
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 (8oz) container crumbled feta
2 cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Teaspoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup tzatziki sauce (I used Holy Land premade tzatziki)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- As pasta cooks, chop vegetables and make the dressing.
- Halve the cucumbers lengthwise and remove the seeds with a small spoon. Chop cucumber in small half-moons.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, chop romaine lettuce (I bought pre-chopped), chop parsley (I skipped the parsley), slice olives in half, thinly slice red onion and set aside.
- To make dressing, combine in a small bowl, garlice, olive oil, vinegar, pepper, sugar, salt, and tzatziki sauce.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water for about a minute. Add dressing and veggies. Toss. Chill until cool then serve.