So much grime, so little time. We all know to make our bed, wash the floor, put the laundry away. But there are small things, things you don’t think of that need cleaning. Sometimes they are dirty, sometimes they are icky (germs) but all need to be done. In this quick and hectic world we lose track of these things. So here is a monthly list of five quick things to clean. They take no time, but add so much to your overall household being sparkly and neat.
- Dust the top of all your tall bookcases, grandfather clock, curio cabinets etc. If its high up and you can’t see it, you need to do it. Prevent all that dust and gunk from floating down onto other surfaces. This can be done quickly. It also doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Light switches. Do one level. So if you have a two story home due the main level, then do the second level at another time.
- Dust the lights. Again, this is only a quick dust. I especially get the standing lamps as they always get missed.
- Clean your dining room’s lazy susans and trivets. I use mine at every meal. So sometimes they need a good scrub.
- Last but certainly no least, wipe all your remotes.
Check in next month for another quick list of five things to clean.