Every month I post a short list of five things to clean. I’m not writing about washing your floor or making your bed. I’m talking about those little things, that you almost never clean. Things like your remote control, you phone and so on. I hope my list will make you say “Oh, that’s gross. I need to clean that!” Yeah, I know. I’m the sole blogger on this planet that wants you to exclaim “gross” over a suggestion from them. What can I say? I’m an odd duck. So here it is, happy cleaning!
1. lamp shades and bases: Rarely cleaned, cobwebs and dust abound. Give it a quick swish. Depending on the material what you use can be different. Choose the best cleaning option for you.
2. Windowsills: All that goop from rain and winter snow has accumulated in the sash. Clean it! I use bleach wipes. Quick and easy!
3. Filters in your air purifier: It’s allergy season. Anyone else suffering? I am. I rely on several air purifiers. When was the last time you cleaned them. Some can be simply wiped out, others need a new filter. Do it now! Give that machine a once over so it can work optimally.
4. Water Bottles: We all have those reusable mugs and bottles. You can run some of them through the dishwasher. You can also use an infant bottle brush to scrub the inside if you prefer to hand wash.
5. Banister and Slats: Ever washed your banister and the slats? You will be surprised at the amount of dirt and grime that comes up. If you have real wood don’t forget to treat it with special cleaning products.
How is this list? Do you have something you would like me to include in the next month’s post? Let me know in the comments below.