It’s been a crazy year so far for me. Illness and family issues have had me busy for a very long time. I have had a hard time taking care of everyone else much less myself. I need to start taking better care of myself. Of course, I’ve been trying to take better care of myself all the time. I need to make some major changes but how will that happen? Stay tuned. Meanwhile, here are five things I am going to try this month.
- Take a walk. Between family obligations, illness and weather I didn’t do any type of workout. My dog is feeling this pain more acutely than I am. I need to get back to this.
- Stretch. It’s a quiet and simple way to get moving and make yourself feel better.
- Read something silly or fun. While gossip isn’t considered nice, we all need a little celebrity gossip from time to time. It’s fun to see and imagine how the other half lives.
- Light a candle. I always did this when I came home from work. It was a great way to signal it was time to relax.
- Make a bucket list. Don’t put on things you think you should have on your list. Say read the 100 greatest books of all time unless you really want to. Put your items in order. Then write what you need to do to do the first three.
I hope this little post reminds you to take a few minutes each day to refresh and renew. Be a little kinder and little more gentle with yourself. Until next month.