There are always so many ways to help the environment. Where do you start? Some things seem to take a long time to do, cost so much money, or require a major life shift. There are some things that are little things that can make a big difference. In fact, many of these smaller things are a great way to get young children into caring for the environment. Indirectly, many of these tips can help you save money or be more minimalistic. It’s a win win for everyone. Here are 5 tips you can use to up your environmental quotient.
- Add plants to your living space. Plants are nature’s detoxifer. They can help purify the air and bring the outside in. Just adding a couple of plants to each room will help purify the air. Then relax and enjoy.
- Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth. If you brush your teeth after every meal you can use up to as much as 45 gallons of water. Way to much waste. Speaking of faucets, also get a leaky faucet or running toilet fixed. It will use less water and not annoy you as much.
- Support politicians, musicians, companies and websites that are devoted to helping the environment. Your support matters.
- Join an organization that supports environmental causes near to your heart. It could be an international, local, state or national organization. There are so many out there from conservative groups to radical ones. Some are long established others address newer concerns. Just make sure they work within the law.
- Share. One of the things that I have done to help the environment and share is giving toys to other kids in the neighborhood when my son outgrows them. They enjoy them and they continue to get use out of them. See if you can set up a sharing circle with some of your neighbors? It’s a great way to get new items and not have to pay new prices. Then they don’t end up in the landfill either.
What ideas do you do to help take care of the environment?