Chores and age appropriateness. It’s always a difficult struggle. What can you kid do? What should your kid do? Why are his friends doing X,Y, Z and not your child? Everyone is at a different spot. Here are some ideas for chores you can start your child on between the ages of 11 and 16.
1. Do the laundry. They can wash, sort, dry and fold. Make sure to cover towels and bedding too.
2. Shop for groceries. Making a list, checkout, take home and put away.
4. Do yard work. Can they start using the lawn mower? Hedge trimmer?
5. How about cooking? Can they make one meal a week?
6. This is also a great time to start side jobs like babysitting and snow shoveling.
What other chores do you have for your older kids?