We are all so busy right? We want to do a lot of things but never seem to have the time. Once of these things is helping out the environment. How can we be more sustainable without spending all of our time. Below, find 5 quick ideas to help the planet be a better place.
- Use biodegradable poop bags for your dog. Yes, they exist. Keep plastic out of the landfills.
- Reuse gift bags. We have all got them for birthdays and holidays. Too nice to throw away right? Cut off the address tag and reuse them. You can give gifts in them, use them to carry things, cut them up for a decoration.
- Buy Bamboo when possible. Bamboo is durable and fast growing. It’s renewable and sustainable. It can also be used for a variety of things from interior design and clothing, do bowls, and utensils.
- Volunteer for a river or park clean up. Spend a few hours one weekend a year to help get trash out of our water supply. It will not only help keep our drinking water clean, but also keep animals from eating garbage or getting trapped in trash,
- Support an animal. Volunteer or donate items to a shelter. Adopt through a wildlife organization or zoo your favorite animal. I’ve sponsored endangered species before. It’s also a great gift for others! Christmas is coming!
What quick ways do you know that help the environment. Share them with me.