Saving money is difficult. So many things cost money. School loans are at an all time high. Paying for a mortgage, car, insurance and any medical costs could eat your savings up. So how do you save money? Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet that will land you instant savings. You have to build your savings step by step. Learn where your money goes. Here are some quick ideas on how to keep your wallet fuller.
- Check you tax with holdings. Are there any deductions you can take next year?
- Give up cable/satellite. I just saw a story on local TV about people giving up their cable or satellite and returning to antenna! What’s better than free TV?
- 30 day no spend challenge. try not to spend unnecessarily. Just make sure you keep up with your bills and obligations.
- Get rid of a vice. Is it time to give up alcohol? How about soda, sweets or smoking?
- Buy store brands. We all know about cereal, but store brands come in everything from shampoo to pasta to clothing. Check them out and see if you like them.