Helping the environment. Doing what is right for the environment is such a political act these days. Should it be? No one wants to drink tainted water, or breathe polluted air. So here are some ideas to do your part to help the environment survive just a little bit longer.
- Recycle those batteries! Batteries contain heavy metals that can leach from the batteries and pollute the water supply.
- Shut off the water when you brush your teeth. Some people let the water run. Turn it off. You can save gallons of water a day.
- Use natural personal care products when possible. Many personal care products use ingredients that are harmful to the planet and the other life forms that live here. Try to use natural ingredients if ever possible.
- Turn off the lights! Just leaving the lights on releases a large amount of greenhouse gases. If you don’t need it, turn it off.
- Buy local. Buying local not only supports jobs, but it can also cut down on many pollutants. Gas, electricity, and packing things to ship can not only cost money but add to environmental pollutants. Learning to buy local saves on many fronts.
I hope these short ideas help you on your quest to be a better consumer and resident environmentalist.