Environmentalism is a mainstream concept today. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to adapt it to your daily life. Here are some ideas to adopt in your everyday life. What are some ideas you have for other readers to help the environment.
1. Houseplants. The original air purifiers.
2. Go Native. Check local plant nursery’s in your area to see which carry native plants and trees. Next time you want to plant a new flower or shrub choose one from your local area. It will help the environment and local animal and insect populations.
3. Reuse. Kind of a no brainier right? Reduce, Reuses, Recycle is the motto we all hear. Are you doing all you can do? You may have stopped using plastic bags, and Styrofoam cups, but have you bought used clothing? Furniture? Have you looked for organic, environmentally friendly sunscreen? There may be new ways you can alter your current habits to make a difference.
4. Curtains. Do you open your curtains during the day to let sun in to warm up your house? Do you close them at night to keep in the heat? Have you stopped drafts coming in from doors and windows? Seal those gaps and holes to help keep costs and use of electricity down.
5. Stop junk mail by unsubscribing from catalogs you no longer shop with.
Pretty easy right? Look for more tips once a month here at The Northern Star. Have some great ideas of your own? Leave them in the comments below.