Air travel has become a common occurrence. There are more of us spending entire days on airplanes as we travel from one state to another. Even today, going from one country to another is becoming more and more common. As home on the road becomes the norm what is it you need to have in your bag to make the journey better? Check out my list and see what you need.
1. Decent Headphones. I am partial to Beats myself. I like the fact that they also block outside noise really well.
2. Small notebook and pen. I know a lot of people say you can keep notes on your I-Phone but there is something about writing things down for me. I keep a small journal so that is my go to for all things written.
3. Sweater. A lot of people say bring a scarf. I like something a bit more substantial and softer. It helps me to relax more.
4. A neck pillow. Yes, you really need one. I think neck pillows are one of the greatest inventions of modern man! Not kidding. I have injured my neck and back before over long vacations. Now I always have a neck pillow. If I forget it, I buy one. I need it that much.
5. Important numbers and documents. Again, you would think modern technology would replace the written piece of paper but it doesn’t. Devices can be stolen, you can lose your charge and then what do you do?
6. Refillable water container. So many airports and other travel hubs have a drinking fountain that allows you to fill your water bottle right there. Save money and the planet at the same time.
7. Snacks. Who wants to pay $3.00 for a candy bar? Not this woman! Enough said.
8. Medication. Take both prescription and over the counter meds on with you. Take your prescription in case you cannot get a refill where you are. OTC meds should also be taken. We all have our favorite brands. On vacation is not the time to try new brands that you are unfamiliar with.
9. Reading Materials. Sort of self explanatory right?
10. Hand wipes and lotion. Who wants to wait in that long line for the bathroom to wash their hands?
11. Tissues. Something you don’t want to be caught without.
12. Chapstick. Planes can be very dry places. A little chapstick can make you feel a lot better.
13. Hair brush. This one could be considered optional. It depends on your hair. They make really small compact ones that don’t take up a lot of space. Look in your travel section of your big box retailer.
14. Emery Board. This to me is one of the most important things besides the neck pillow. I hate it when my nail gets caught on fabric. I drives me nuts! It’s something that can become a preoccupation unless it is dealt with.
What things are on your must have list for travel?