What do people keep in their medicine cabinets? It’s an interesting thought. Have you ever looked inside someone’s cabinet while at a party? I haven’t, but I always imagine people do that sort of thing. There was a time when medicine cabinets were standard in bathrooms. While keeping medicine in these cabinets has gone by the wayside, the concept of medicine cabinets have not. I have more of a medicine closet, well a shelf really. Okay, two baskets on the shelf. We all keep medicine around in case we need it. Have you ever wondered what you should have on hand? Check the list below and see what you need to stock up on.
1. Thermometer- Definitely every medicine cabinet should have a thermometer. Small infants may require a different thermometer. Consult your physician on which one to use.
2. Tweezers. Great for picking out splinters, glass, and ticks. This one small item gets a lot of use!
3. Benadryl- A staple, especially if I think I’ve come into contact with something I’m slightly allergic to.
4. Nail Clipper. Nothing is more annoying or more frustrating than a ragged nail or cuticle.
5. Anti-histamine Cream- Works great if your skin comes into contact with something itchy. I’ve used this on my son lots.
6. Bandages- Well, duh?!
7. Gauze- See above.
8. Medical tape- How else will you keep the gauze in place?
9. Antibiotic Ointment- Keep those germs at bay!!
10. Eye drops. For dry or irritated eyes.
11. Heartburn medication. Tums, Rolaids etc.
12. Anti-diarrhea medication.
13. Pain/Fever medicine. Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen.
15. Cough medicine. Nothing is worse than having a coughing fit at 1 a.m..