1. Feminine Hygiene Products. Include enough for a few months. These products can be used for so many different things other than what their original purpose is.
2. Teeth Care. Be basic. Toothpaste and floss.
3. Brush. These can be small and compact.
4. Soap. A multipurpose and anti-bacterial bar would be great.
5. Shampoo. In a pinch you really don’t need conditioner. Keep clutter down.
6. Sunscreen. Depending on your clothing and hats, you may need sunscreen. A burn is a horrible thing to have when everything is normal. During an evacuation? Yikes.
7. Chapstick. I would also say Vaseline. Both will keep lips soft, and Vaseline can be used on the skin.
8. Bug Spray. There is no where in the world that doesn’t have bugs except for the poles. I don’t think many of us are going to hang out there. Bug Spray could be the single most important item besides toilet paper.
9. Toilet Paper. No explanation needed. Remember to remove the cardboard tube. That way is packs flat.
10. Nail Clippers.
11. Wipes. I say use baby wipes. Everyone can use them for personal cleanliness.
12. Medication. How many people forget their meds on a trip? During a natural disaster it can be even worse. What if you can’t reach your doctor? How can you get them refilled? Also, over the counter products like Advil or Imodium may be lifesavers. When the power is out, you can’t go to the Pharmacy.
What would you put in as a must have for a basic toiletries kit? Have you had any experiences in travel or evacuation where you wished you had something? Let us know in the comments!