‘Tis the season for long car trips. You thought they were over when summer ended didn’t you? Nope, now it’s holidays with the relatives. How long will you be in the car? How many kids will you have with you? What are their ages? Will pets be with you? Other relatives?
- Car charger, lets face it, I pads and I pods and everything else in between use up a lot of power. They are the new babysitter whether we like it or not. For long car trips they are a life saver.
- Tissues/Paper Towel. Kids spill stuff. Keep your car clean by stocking some paper towel or tissues for spills.
- Snacks. Individually packaged of course. When the kids get upset they are probably hungry. Throw a few snacks their direction.
- Drinks in a cooler. What are snacks without something to wash it down?
- Change of Clothes. People spill things on themselves, it gets hot, kids pee themselves, and so on. A quick change of clothes is never wasted.
- Notebook/Pen. You are always thinking of stuff to do, people to contact, chores to do etc. Write it down! Let your child draw, exchange info in a traffic accident, draw a map, the possibilities are endless.
- Wipes. I keep these in my car year round. I have two types of wipes. Once is a wet ones hand wipe. I use it after I pump gas or go shopping. Yuck germs. Then I have a windex wipes to keep the car clean as well.
- Change. While most places take a credit card, change still is widely used at parking meters, vending machines etc.
- Music. If you have ever gone on long car trips before you know where I am going for this. Certain parts of the country have horrible musical selections! Satellite Radio is a gift from the gods! Just remember to print out a channel guide.