Tis the season! The season to declutter that is! Yes, declutter. Look I know the holiday season from Halloween to New Year’s is a VERY busy time for all of us. However, decluttering can not only help you cope with the stress, but make each year easier by limiting everything you have to dig through.
- Your credit card statement. Okay, I don’t mean take all your credit card statements and shred them. Although, you can. I mean go through them and look at the actual charges. Are their reoccurring charges that you can get rid of? Say a magazine subscription you no longer read but haven’t cancelled? That gym membership you never use? Time to let those go.
- Online. Unsubscribe from all those emails. It’s easy to ignore all those emails that go to your social media tab in your email. Start unsubscribing from them. Keep you inbox clear!
- Candles. Tis the season to give and get candles. How many do you have? Do you have a drawer full of unused candles? Time to get serious and sort them. How many of them are half burned? Time to cull the herd down to a select few that you really enjoy.
- Old Makeup. Clear out your makeup case. Can you narrow it down to just what you wear? Let the old and unused stuff go! How about nail polish? How many do you have that you haven’t used?
- Ugly gifts. We all get them. That ugly elf picture you mother-in-law thought was oh so cute but goes with absolutely nothing you own, accidentally drop it and get rid of it. You should only have things you want, not something that others think you should have.
- Dinnerware. How many sets of dishes do you have? I understand one good set and an everyday set, but do you have extra dishes from various relatives or holiday dishes? How about mugs? We all have those travel mugs that say I love NY or something. Time to donate?
- Liquor. Have bottles of liquor around you house? Do you have a liquor cabinet? How many times do use those bottles? Have you had that same bottle of rum for the past five years? Time to let them go.
- Spices. Check you spice cabinet. Spices have an expiration date. Let go of the spices that you only used once and haven’t used again. How about the more popular spices. Are they expired? Time to replace them.
- Old Pens. We all have a junk drawer or a drawer for school supplies. Go through all you pens/markers/pencils. Get rid of the ones that don’t work or you won’t use. Replace what you need to.
- Old Eyeglasses. Do you wear glasses? Do you have a bunch of old prescriptions lying around? Many eye glass places have donation bins where you can donate your old eyeglasses. Let someone else use them!
Okay, now ready, set, purge!!