Decluttering is a hot topic right now. Here are ten things that you can quickly toss or donate. Feel better knowing that these small steps help contribute to the bigger picture of order and cleanliness. Remember, you are not throwing away memories, but creating space for new ideas! Toss what needs to go and donate things that can be reused. Enjoy some clutter clearing today.
- Coffee Mugs. Who hasn’t gotten a free one and held onto it? Let it go!!
- Vases. Have you ever gotten flowers? I think we have all probably gotten cheap, free glass vases that come with the delivery. Let them go.
- Games. Board Games, video games, game apps, old card games etc. Get rid of them. Keep only the ones you have used in the last year. Keep only the ones that are age appropriate.
- Cookbooks. Do you only use four recipes out of each cookbook you have? Guilty! I’ve photocopied the ones I liked and recycled the books. Now I’ve got a clean shelf!
- Baking pans. I’m going to get run out of my state, but do you really use that bundt cake pan? Gone.
- Pantry. Old food. Food never used. Time to sort it out. Dump the bad, and donate the still good. Finally be able to see what you have.
- Makeup. Are twelve lipsticks that you thought would look good on you but don’t overflowing from your makeup case? You are never going to wear them. I know it’s hard but toss them. Move on.
- Spices. We’ve all purchased that one spice we used for a single recipe and never used again. You are never going to use it, make room!
- Medicine. When was the last time you cleaned out your medicine cabinet? Get rid of outdated items. Get rid of all those itty-bitty band aids that never cover anything.
- Sewing Kit. How many of those “extra” brown button packets do you have? Do you even have an brown garment anymore? Time to sort all those extras out.
How did it go? How long did it take? What did you get rid of? Let me know in the comments.